Old 19-08-2003, 09:55 AM
Christopher Norton

Default Banned Herbicides && Pesticides

The message
from Alan Gould contains these words:

My own view is that the most certain way to be sure that food being
consumed is genuinely organic, environmentally friendly and really fresh
is to grow it ones self. The next best option is to go to growers'
markets, or to trade direct with a local accredited grower. A very
popular way of doing that is the 'box' scheme, where deliveries are made
at regular intervals to customers. Most box schemes however have a
waiting list due demand always exceeding available supply.
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.

We have a local farmer who has converted a good deal of his land to
Organic for box schemes and he has 9 vans running around all over the
place. Even goes down to London! (Good 2 1/2 hours from here)

Must be damn good business if you ask me.

--
email farmer chris on
Please don`t use