Old 19-08-2003, 12:13 PM

Default Rhubarb?

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 10:17:01 +0100, Rusty Hinge
wrote:

~The message
~from (Pickle) contains these words:
~
~ My father-in-law's rhubarb is like that. He puts all his weeds in a
~ bucket of water, and in spring ladles the resulting "stew" (absolutely
~ foul smelling) over the crowns. His rhubarb patch stinks to high
~ heaven but it grows like mad!
~
~Would do. Rhubarb is a greedy feeder, but it rewards you if you are kind
~to it. I really must restore my elephant gun before I plant a
~crown......

giggle my patch grows beside the place where the manure heap is.
Three years ago when there was no manure and I got the plot, I had a
really pathetic weedy patch. Now, as you say, it needs an elephant
gun...

--
jane

Mark Twain