Old 19-08-2003, 01:22 PM
Pat Meadows

Default Green Tomatoes????

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 22:17:56 -0800, (Jan
Flora) wrote:

I'll be starting my indoor winter tomatoes tonight, along with
stuff that'll go out in the greenhouse when the 'maters are done
out there.

For the kitchen window, I'm starting:
Siberia tomato - 2-1/2' tall plant
Gold Nugget tomato - compact determinate
Oregon Spring - compact determinate
Northern Lights - same, same
Grandpa's something or other Pepper - a cute plant w/semi-hot peppers

Sounds good.

We have the most annoying windows in this house - quite new
ones, installed just before we bought the house. The
window-sills are only about 4" wide AND there's a ridge down
the middle of them, God knows why. NOTHING will go on them.
Nothing.

I do have the big bay window ledge, which is about 8' x 2',
but I cannot use any other window sills.

I'm going to cut a couple of slips off the Tumbler tomato that's
been on the windowsill, cranking out 'maters since May, and see
if I can keep that going.

Several sweet basil plants have been doing great on the
windowsill all summer. They'll usually last all winter, if I
keep the blooms picked off.

For the greenhouse, I'm starting more lettuce, sweet peas, snow peas,
broccali, radishes, and whatever else looks good. It's an unheated
greenhouse, so far. (That could change.)

We still have to build the hoophouse.

Pat