Old 19-08-2003, 02:02 PM
animaux

Default New to tulips - didn't realize they were not perrenial!

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 17:40:03 -0500, jammer opined:

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 14:04:10 -0400, Pelvis Popcan
wrote:

I was surprised to learn that tulip bulbs split apart and form small
bulbs that usually don't flower the following year. I was planning on
planting a bed of tulips this fall, but I'm not sure now knowing that
I will have to replant them every year.

Don't believe everything you hear. Learn to look up info on this here
machine.

I planted tulips 14 yrs. ago and they come back every year.
zone 7

You may have planted Darwin tulips. Many tulips do not reliably come back, and
they certainly don't in the south. Tulips also do not make bulbils and
multiply. They are not reliably perennial.