Old 19-08-2003, 02:02 PM
Frogleg

Default Green Tomatoes????

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 08:21:23 -0400, Pat Meadows
wrote:

We have the most annoying windows in this house - quite new
ones, installed just before we bought the house. The
window-sills are only about 4" wide AND there's a ridge down
the middle of them, God knows why. NOTHING will go on them.
Nothing.

I do have the big bay window ledge, which is about 8' x 2',
but I cannot use any other window sills.

Sills sloping from the middle, or a ridge poking up in the middle
(weird in either case)? Could you shim them somehow? Even double-faced
tape and laths might work. What about an arrangement like those cat
platforms that cantilever from a windowsill? I have one plant shelf
that hangs from the middle of a double-hung (never opened in living
memory) window. It should also be possible to suspend shelves from the
top of a window frame, if you don't mind screwing in a couple of
I-bolts.