Old 19-08-2003, 03:12 PM
Andrew Ostrander

Default Question - using Roundup on French broom

My Round Up instruction booklet says for general use against shrubs using a
hand held sprayer, use a 2% solution. Same against perennials. 1% against
annuals.

There are specific percentages against specific species, but broom isn't
listed.

"Lar" wrote in message
t...
In article 13378f69.0308180048.2b5e7eb3
@posting.google.com, says...
My question is about the concentration to use. I used the recommended
dilution in the directions, which gave me a concentration of less than
1% glyphosate. Using that, I didn't really see much dieback in the
broom plants after a week. I notice that Roundup that's sold for
direct application has a concentration closer to 2%. Is that the
concentration I should use? Perhaps stronger?

Unless the label of the concentrate allows a mixture
higher than what you are mixing, you shouldn't make it
higher. Your concentrate and the pre mixed you saw on
the shelves probably have a bit different formulation
make up, giving the different percentage rates for the
finished product even though the end results will be
expected to be the same.
--

http://home.comcast.net/~larflu/owl1.jpg

Lar. (to e-mail, get rid of the BUGS!!