Old 19-08-2003, 05:22 PM
yelohk

Default Planted Bucket

You know it's funny. I've only started this hobby about six months ago.
And I've put myself through all kinds of anxiety and stress carefully
researching and screwing up and killing plants and fish trying to get
the "perfect" tank.

About 5 weeks ago I boiled some driftwood in my tank and dumped in a
bucket to soak and sink. A few days later I threw in some plants to
"quarantine" them.

And I must say the life that has developed in that bucket is just as
fascinating or maybe more so than what I have in my tank. I don't know
if part of it is because it all seemed to come from nothing, or the
"sterility" of the tank environment that gives it a kind of bleakness,
or that I'm fascinated by this tiny ecosystem. I think I have two types
of snails now. And today I spotted something that looked like a grey
poppyseed crusing around. It's definitely alive, but I don't know what
it is. I wonder what else will manifest over time.

--

direct replies: yelohk AT yahoo