Old 19-08-2003, 06:42 PM
B.Server

Default Pepper seeds not true.....

On Sat, 16 Aug 2003 03:29:24 GMT, "Jeff Heising"
wrote:

I purchased several varieties of pepper seeds this year from Tomato Growers
Supply including a "reduced heat Habanero" named Aji Dulce. Was supposed to
look and taste like a red habanero without the enormous heat.
The fruit that grew looks and taste nothing like described and would
probably best be described as a yellow cayenne type fruit. Also, tried
Cascabel which is supposed to be a round cherry pepper shape and that one is
growing fruit that is shaped like a regular bell pepper. My question is
this, has anyone in this group ordered seeds from this place and did you
have any similar problems? I will be writing this company soon to voice my
disappointment.

Jeff
(longtime lurker)

Thanks for the heads up. I had looked at their stuff and thought
about ordering a few that are difficult to find. FWIW, a aji peppers
that I grow are yellow, about the size of a long jalapeno, and
wrinkled somewhat in the long axis. I believe they are from Peru.
So, maybe yours was a cross that did not turn out quite as expected.