Old 19-08-2003, 07:57 PM
Alan Gould

Default Banned Herbicides && Pesticides

In article , Christopher Norton
writes

We have a local farmer who has converted a good deal of his land to
Organic for box schemes and he has 9 vans running around all over the
place. Even goes down to London! (Good 2 1/2 hours from here)

Must be damn good business if you ask me.

It is. When we were growing certified organic produce commercially we
had to put our own kitchen requirements by very quickly or there would
be none left for us. We were keen on letting customers come and have a
look round at how their organic food was grown. They loved doing that,
the snag being that they would demand crops they could see growing that
were not even ready for sale, or want to place orders for stuff which
was already sold before it was sown. We still have people come now, 10+
years after we have stopped selling, when they know we will have surplus
goods. One chap asked us what we did to the salads and veggies to make
them so much better than shop bought ones. I told him "It isn't what we
do to them, it's what we don't do, we just let them grow naturally"
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.