Old 19-08-2003, 10:23 PM
triad

Default Tree ID

Thanks very much, I have never seen one that shape before, seems I always
see them smaller and more shrub like.
"Scott Ranger" wrote in message
You have a sassafras tree with the "unmitten" leaves. The key to id is the
fruit.
Scott Ranger

"triad" wrote in message
hlink.net...
I was in my woods today and saw a tree I could not identify, we are in

east
central Missouri and I looked in the tree guide from the Mo Dept Of
Conservation but still could not figure it out. It caught my eye

because
was looking for a tall straight thin tree to make chair legs and
stretchers. It is only about 2" in diam. but almost 15-20'
tall and only has branches towards the top , of course it is in the

middle
of the woods. I have a picture of the leaves and small branches if you

want
to take a look. I think the file is appox. 700k. Thanks

----