Old 20-08-2003, 03:43 AM
Dan Musicant

Default Felco Pruners?

On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 07:15:39 -0700, "Kenneth D. Schillinger"
wrote:

:I am in need of some new pruning shears, and have been thinking about
rdering some "Filcos" because of all the good things I have heard about
:them.
:Is it true, Are they worth the money, of should I just buy some "Coronas"?
:All of the stores im my area are out of stock, and won't be getting them
:in until next spring. Well, I need to do a winter pruning, so I need to
:buy them this fall; go figure. It seems as though all of the stores ran
ut of the #2 first. Does anyone know what size is most common / useful?
:All comments appreciated, Ken..

I just bought myself the #2, and it's pretty nice. New, of course, it's
real sharp. The handles are bright orange, so you aren't as apt to lose
or forget and leave it in the yard. I've seen cheap Chinese knock offs
and bought one but the spring popped off and I never found it. I put on
another spring, but it's really not in the same class as the Felco.