Old 20-08-2003, 03:43 AM
dstvns

Default Unheated hoophouses

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 11:31:49 -0400, WCD wrote:

I'm thinking of putting up a hoophouse at my place in western Maine.
Looking at the literature, it looks like they all need to be heated in
order not to collapse under snow loads.

Are there any hoophouses able to take snow loads without needing heat?

I would guess a steep enough angle would make the entire mass slide
off. From what I hear the best angle to catch sunlight in winter
months is around 23.5 degrees, but it's a little easier to use 25
degrees when using saws that are only adjustable to 5-degree
increments.

Dan