Old 20-08-2003, 03:43 AM
harold steig

Default Unheated hoophouses

If you do not use it during the winter you don't need to heat but if you
have a large snow storm you would need to sweep most of the snow off the
plastic. I do not have a hoophouse yet as of now it is in the planning
stage. Plan to build before winter. But when researching before building I
found allot of people sweep them off to keep them up. And some who didn't
that lost them due to heavy snow loads.
Harold
"WCD" wrote in message

I'm thinking of putting up a hoophouse at my place in western Maine.
Looking at the literature, it looks like they all need to be heated in
order not to collapse under snow loads.

Are there any hoophouses able to take snow loads without needing heat?

Thanks.