Old 20-08-2003, 05:32 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Default Sick lilly

Remove all foliage and see if it starts up again, and/or check for crown
rot, if rhizome feels soft, take it out of pond and smell... bad smell,
crown rot, toss it in the garbage (do not compose) and hope your other
lilies don't catch it. Lilies can get crown rot if the crown is allowed to
dry even slightly. Always put your lilies in a kiddy pool or bucket if you
need to remove from the pond. ~ jan

On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 06:39:13 -0400, John Bachman wrote:

We have three hardy lillies in our pond which is new this year and
doing great.

One of the lillies has gone sickly. It put out a flower and then the
pads begin showing up full of small holes circled by a black band. It
started to put up another flower but that stopped and finally flopped
over before reaching the surface. The new pads are doing the same
thing.

I feed all of the lillies half of a fertilizer tab every three weeks
or so.

Any idea what the problem might be?

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/