Old 20-08-2003, 06:42 AM
Zeuspaul

Default What's The Latest On Roundup Herbicide?

Bill,

The question is about the human ......

You make a lot of references to the effects of Round-up on humans....and
when Round-up is used as directed.

What about lizards?? Is spraying Round-up in the eyes of lizards using
Round-up as directed? I would guess that would have to be the case as I
don't know how to avoid it and I have not seen anything on the label about
how to avoid it. I have seen references to Round-up stinging the eyes. I
doubt spraying Round-up in the eyes is recommended.

I don't know how bad the sting to the eyes is. I certainly don't want to
torture the little critters...they have no access to eye wash.

Also I have used a lot of Round-up after some rather extensive research
that seemed to indicate this stuff was safe...binds to the soil bla bla.
Now I think I may have killed a bunch of frogs and tadpoles. I used the
stuff near one of my wildlife ponds. I did stay what I thought was a safe
distance away from the ponds. However now I see no frogs and no tadpoles
in the pond.

If your references to the safety of Round-up are specific to humans and
specific to using as directed you may be leading some of us into a false
sense of security with respect to our wildlife friends.

Is spraying Round-up in the eyes of lizards of no concern to you?