Old 20-08-2003, 09:02 AM
Cerumen

Default Hysteria over Ragwort

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message
In article ,
Cerumen wrote:
"Rusty Hinge" wrote in message
Yet the story has spread. It has appeared in at least two _Government_
press releases and as even been copied by the BBC.

But who believes Government press releases, especially about weeds of
mass destruction?

Or even about the mass destruction of weeds? Anyway somebody leaves a
horse run free and it breaks into my land and eats the ragwort or

indeed
nibbles on the Yew, foxgloves, belladonna or any other toxic plants and
trees they get what they deserve?

I have some Brugmansia and Gloriosa as well :-)

My real point was just that really, any garden or land in general will
contain a large number of plants which are toxic to animals and/or humans
but we are not encouraged to destroy them. Brugmansia and Gloriosa are not
native however whereas those examples I gave are.
:-)
When I lived in Wales many years ago I had a friend who kept horses and
his land was well known for wild growing psylocibin? (magic mushrooms) and
I often wondered what his horses made of the effects of those along with
their grazing?
--
Chris Thomas
West Cork