Old 20-08-2003, 11:02 AM
Ray

Default watering

It is unlikely the water will be a problem for the plants. If the odor gets
to be too much, a small dollop of liquid bleach in each barrel ought to kill
the culprit organisms.

It is also unlikely that the water contains any appreciable nutritional
value, so some sort of fertilizer is in order.

.. . . . . . . . . . .
"MLL" wrote in message
I have two rain barrels. The run off here in My area of the UK seems to be
more than I can use.

The question is tho, after a few days it starts to have an odor. I know

this
is bacteria and
that it should be flushed. BUT
Is this type of water good for the orchids? With all the organic matter in
the water
it can only be good, right?
I have a very small budget so I have not purchased any orchid food as of
yet.
Am I right in thinking the water will offer a bit of food for them?

MLL