Old 20-08-2003, 11:12 AM
Rusty Hinge

Default RAGWORT moving off topic

The message
from David P contains these words:

Actually I was meaning how the people who tend to drift into one another
across groups compartmentalise their conversations rather than the groups
being compartmentalised. Its almost as if: when in the garden you can
only speak of garden things, whereas in the kitchen you can only discuss
the cooking; the fact that you can, IRL, look out of the kitchen window
and comment on something in the garden just doesn't happen on Usenet.

IYSWIM

Y,BIDAWY. Come and visit us in the Shed if you don't believe me.

[notice how I carefully got a 'garden' simile in to try and get back 'on-
group' if nowt else?]

You need an excuse? Quelle Netiquette!

--
Rusty http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/tqt.htm
horrid·squeak snailything zetnet·co·uk exchange d.p. with p to