Old 20-08-2003, 12:17 PM
Peter65. Peter65. is offline
Registered User

Location: Yorkshire UK

Reads good to me Dave.....here is my way which may or may not add something.

My method of propagating Lavender is to take nodal or heeled cuttings in August and root in sand/peat 2-1 mix in a low and shaded frame. Any lightly shaded cold frame will do but at one time it was common to see very low frames called 'sun frames' used for the rooting of ripe and semi-ripe shrub cuttings including conifers, during summer.
Keep as close an atmosphere as you can by having the frame closed and syringing its contents frequently.
Alternatively...in ordinary soil in a sheltered border in Sept and October.

Nodal - cut through a leaf/stem joint
Heeled - pulled away with a sliver of older wood

Peter.