Old 20-08-2003, 01:32 PM
David J Bockman

Default What's The Latest On Roundup Herbicide?

"Paul E. Lehmann" wrote in message
Bill, your continuing haranguing is not leading credence to your side of

the
story.

Quite the contrary, Mr. Lehman. IMHO, Mr. Oliver's tenacity is pretty damn
impressive. He's taken the most rabid, illogical, vicious ecofundamentalists
in this newsgroup and essentially shown them to not only be breathtakingly
mean-spirited, but also hypocritical as well. What's more, he's done it
while faced with a torrent of ad hominem attacks, kooky archive and google
snooping, and outright damnable lies about his credentials.

Personally, I admire anyone with the purist philosophy that leads to organic
gardening. However I find the specious reams of appalling distortions
concerning what exactly Mr. Oliver wrote sad and really disappointing--
especially since the Trinity largely responsible for the hateful barrage
give really, really great advice and are passionate contributors to the
newsgroup.

Just my $0.02,

Dave

"Bill Oliver" wrote in message
In article ,
paghat wrote:

Billo (plagiarizing a Monsanto Funny Fact) sez: Glyphosate is as safe

as
table salt.

This continues to be a lie that paghat requires for her screeds.

My challenges stand:

I challenge you to produce this quote, or publish a retraction.
You do not have the quote, so you cannot do the former. And
you clearly have no integrity since you continue to publish
this falsehood knowing it is false.

You do not do your case any good by publishing falsehoods
that anybody using deja.com can see is a lie. If you cannot
be trusted to tell the truth in this simple thing, how can
anyone believe the rest of your screeds?

And, of course, my scientific challenge stands. Please
provide *one* single article in a scientific, peer-reviewed
journal claiming to show that Roundup is dangerous to
humans when used as directed.

You cannot. That is why your claims have mutated from
the false claim that there is scientific proof that
Roundup is dangerous to humans when used as directed
to your (slightly more honest) rejection of science
altogether.

And, of course, since you and your friends make such a great
deal out of who *I* work for and what *my* credentials are,
why do you run and hide when I ask the same qustions of
you?

Who do *you* work for, paghat?

What are *your* credentials?

Why do you run away when the disclosure and honesty you
find so important is asked of you?

billo