Old 20-08-2003, 02:22 PM
david

Default Tree Felling

It all depends!
1. on the size and lay-out of your land; if constricted they'll have to
climb up the tree and fell the upper branches first, and take it down bit by
bit, so to speak.
2. Do they have to cut it all up and cart it away?
Here in the country I have lots of space, and felling a tree can be done in
30 minutes. It would take the rest of the day to saw it all up and remove
it. And for that you need transport (like my tractor and trailer).
I would not, therefore expect to pay someone with the equipment and know-how
more than about £350. And if I gave them the wood, it might only cost me
£100. The rubbish would become a bonfire.
David

"Siggy" wrote in message
Has anyone got any idea how much it would cost for a tree surgeon to cut
down a 25M poplar tree in our garden? I'm guessing about £1000 how far out
am I?

Thanks

Siggy