Old 20-08-2003, 05:02 PM
Alison

Default OT - Hackers? Need Help.

(Foo Finder) wrote in message . com...

Trojans are spying tools that people use to get info out of your PC.
It sends things to people while you're on line. Some of them would
even dial out.

Could someone please tell me how to eliminate a trojan or find out if
you have one? My computer decided to start trying to connect itself
to the internet when I turn it on, & I was told I might have got a
trojan -- but not sure how? I don't open mail from people I don't
know.

Ann has asked me to add some helpful anti hacker links to Oddhobby, I
will do so as soon as I get some time. Until then, you're looking for
programs that eliminate commerical spyware for starters.

Where would I find one & is this the same as the firewall you
mentioned?

There is a free firewall called Zone Alarm. It's not that hard to
use. But if you set it up wrong some (internet) things will stop
working. Everyone who posts to usenet should use a firewall, it's
very important.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Alison