Old 20-08-2003, 07:02 PM
Jim W

Default The Cost of Land - Part 2

"TheGardener" wrote:

In May 2002 (yes, I know it's a long time ago!) I posted a query (The Cost
of Land) about how much land might be to buy, as we were thinking of buying
part of our neighbour's garden which he no longer used. The consensus of
opinion was that it was hard to put a price on such land, and that we should
make him an offer. Well, this we did, and took possession of the said land
in September 2002. As the wheels of the law grind so slowly, we didn't own
the land legally until earlier this month - yes, 11 months to complete the
legal stuff. Anyway, to get to the point, as several people at the time
wanted to know how we got on, I thought you might like to see the story and
pictures of the transformation of a weed infested plot of land into
something like a garden! Have a look -
www.thegardener.btinternet.co.uk/newgarden.html (Very graphic intensive, so
be patient unless you're on broadband!)

Nice.. A little desingerish for my liking but I'm fussy like that;-)
Give it a few years to 'lush up' a bit and it'll look fab I think;-)

A lot of hard work shows in it tho-)

Congrats.. You can come and get started on the grim creepers here in
London now!-))
//
Jim