Old 20-08-2003, 07:42 PM
LeeAnne

Default groundhogs and tomatoes

I don't think there is anything a groundhog/woodchuck won't eat, except
maybe daisies.

I won't lie:
I HATE these animals, they can and will mow down and entire small flower
garden in a day - they SUCK! The best way I found to catch them is to put
stuff in the trap that they are currently eating -- like you said,
dandelions, strawberry leaves, etc., also if you have sorrel (soral?) they
love that (the green stuff w/the heart shaped leaves).

Right now you have one -- let it be and you'll have many many many and no
veggies or flowers.

LeeAnne

"BT" wrote in message
Will groundhogs eat tomatoes? So far this new occupant of our back yard

is just
nibbling on plantain, dandelions, and wild strawberry leaves. The

tomatoes are
starting to ripen fast...will the groundhog become interested? Never had

any
previous experience with this critter in my garden.

BT