Old 20-08-2003, 09:12 PM
Suja

Default Poison Ivy

wrote:

While we're talking about poison ivy I should mention -- there is *no*
topical treatment which reduces the duration of outbreaks. If your doctor
prescribes cream, change doctors. Corticosteroid pills work much better.

I am not reactive to poison ivy (yet), but DH is. Believing that
prevention is better than cure, when he's out there, he uses Tecnu Ivy
Block. After coming in, he uses a wash that is also made by Tecnu.
After a very bad case two years ago made worse by his refusal to see a
doctor, we switched to this protocol, and it has worked extremely well.

Suja