Old 20-08-2003, 10:02 PM
Rusty Hinge

Default Hysteria over Ragwort

The message
from contains these words:

It'll still colonise a pretty wide area in not many years if left to
itself then. The other problem is that once you've 'had' it then
there are seeds on your land which remain viable for a long time.

Too true: I dug over a piece of 'lawn' this spring and planted three
nasturtiums and about eight sunflowers.

As well as those, I have a selection of violas, pansies,
heartsease/viola cross, sweet tobacco, catnip, lobelia, begonias, some
type of geranium (not pelargonium), a teazel, the usual weeds and one
peanut.

Quite a show, despite having potted up the peanut and the catnip.

--
Rusty
horrid·squeak snailything zetnet·co·uk exchange d.p. with p to