Old 20-08-2003, 10:32 PM
Kim

Default groundhogs and tomatoes

In article ,
says...
I don't think there is anything a groundhog/woodchuck won't eat, except
maybe daisies.

I won't lie:
I HATE these animals, they can and will mow down and entire small flower
garden in a day - they SUCK! The best way I found to catch them is to put
stuff in the trap that they are currently eating -- like you said,
dandelions, strawberry leaves, etc., also if you have sorrel (soral?) they
love that (the green stuff w/the heart shaped leaves).

Right now you have one -- let it be and you'll have many many many and no
veggies or flowers.

But they are sooo cute!! Although I was ****ed when our resident
groundhog ate all our cucumber plants and cilantro. Hey, do you know if
grounhogs can jump - we are planning to put a fence around our garden
next year and were wondering if 2 - 3 feet would be enough.

-kim