Old 20-08-2003, 11:22 PM
Kenni Judd

Default O.T. National Do Not Call List is Up

I don't want to cause anyone's nice aunt to lose her job, nor am I a big fan
of micro-legislation, but that kind of rule is really inappropriate.

--
Kenni Judd
Juno Beach Orchids

http://www.jborchids.com
"femalestrom" wrote in message
t...
Not sure what the big fuss is about. With caller id I just
do not pick up anything that says "out of area". 95% of
the time, it is phone spam. Occasionally family from out
of state will use those 10-10 call around plans and they
also list as out of state, but they leave a message and we
call them back. Usually my mother in law, and since
she only calls about once a month, not really a big deal.

Oddly enough my Aunt works in the credit dept at
Citibank doing balance transfers. Not calling people, but
those who call in for a balance transfer. She said at
least at her company, they are required to make you say
you do not want whatever product they are selling at
least 2-3 times. So while it seems annoying a lot of
companies will not take "no" the first time, they are just
doing their jobs.

Crystal

--
http://home.comcast.net/~xtals/orchid.htm
"Diane Mancino" wrote in message
news
do you ever wonder how much they get paid per email?

The do not call doesn't go into affect till Oct if you've subscribed
already, but my phone isn't ringing as much already. Maybe the lists as
being circulated early. I was hanging up on them, but hung up on a few

good
calls! My son hung up on the banker who called to say our refinancing

was
approved! That's how maddening it had gotten. Now I'm asking who is
calling and please remove me- of course if it's a recorded message-

forget
it.

"Susan Erickson" wrote in message
On 19 Aug 2003 12:46:39 -0700, (Foo Finder)
wrote:

Hi all,

"The National Do Not Call Registry is open for business, putting

Hope it works as well as the Colorado list. *g* Wouldn't it be
a dream if we could have a no spam list that really worked?
Snoozing on the keys.
SuE