Old 21-08-2003, 05:23 AM

Default HELP - weeds in new lawn

we have a new home in Michigan, put down about 2" of topsoil over a
mostly clay base. We seeded the front about 3 months ago, and it is
growing slow but OK(no weeds). However, we planted the back about 7
weeks ago, the weeds are now really bad. I think the weed plants from
the neighborhood wend to seed and the weed seeds blew(floated) to the
back and implanted themselves in our back yard before the grass took.
Now I have about 80% grass / 20% weeds in our back yard. the grass is
still quite fine(small bladed). My question is: can I put down
chemicals(weed and feed) to kill the weeds? I am concerned about
killing the newly planted grass. We have about .75 acres in the back
and I DONT want to kill it all and re-seed HELP

Thanks,

Dean Mathews