Old 21-08-2003, 05:23 AM
dstvns

Default Mulching to keep down weeds

On 20 Aug 2003 10:25:28 -0700, (Mark A) wrote:

I want to start to use a mulch to keep down weeds in a vegetable bed
and wondered what was the best form of mulch to use? We water our
vegetables using a sprinkler system so that really puts black plastic
out of the frame.

I also have extremely difficult weed problems...these weeds literally
grow a foot within less than two weeks this time of year.

I am going to pull them out one more time this week, then cover all
areas with non-glossy newspaper...then shred the leaves and pile the
clippings in a spot where they can cook, maybe even pile them on top
of the newspaper to make it more aesthetically pleasing. Hopefully
this will stifle these buggers.

Dan