Old 21-08-2003, 10:02 AM
Alastair J. Smith

Default Dogs and Brown Grass

"Paul Crabtree" (remove spam for valid
e-mail) wrote in message ...
I have had a problem for the last couple of years with the grass turning
brown and dying in small patches - naturally I suspect my two dogs -

local
vet unable to help as they state its normal

Has anyone any ideas on how to prevent or cure the problem ( apart from
keeping the dogs of the grass as this is impossible )

It's easy, the concentrated elements of the urine burn the grass. If you go
out with a kettle and pour cold water onto the same patch, thereby diluting
it you turn it into liquid fertiliser. You will now have fast growing tufts
of grass where they have been.

If you just let them roam the garden unsupervised then I think you will just
have to put up with brown patches. It has been suggested that a small amount
of tomato juice on their food has some effect but I've never tried it.

Alastair Smith