Old 21-08-2003, 12:42 PM

Default Direct vs. Indirect Light?

wrote:

So, what's the scoop? Is the guy right? I'll tell ya, for a
roofed-over porch, it's pretty bright! I actually had to move one
Phal back towards the back wall, as the leaves lightened up a lot.

Is direct light essential? As long as I get the light levels required
on the meter, is that "good enough" or not?

I should add that the plants back from the railing will get direct
sunlight much of the year. Just not in midsummer, as the sun is far
enough North that they are in the shadow of the roof almost all day.

Does that help any?

Gannet
St. Petersburg, Florida