Old 21-08-2003, 02:22 PM
Lee Brouillet

Default DIY Diffuser Bottom Drain?

When I get that far, I have a 16" terracotta planting bowl that I will
invert. I've made a little "table" with legs to elevate it 1/2" off the
bottom, which will allow the stuff to enter, but keep the fish out. In the
event of a very stupid fish, the bottom drain will dump into a settling
chamber, and I can retrieve the fish from there. As far as the diffuser
goes, I purchased one of the AES (stock #AD11) diffusers; it has a 3/4" stem
which fit nicely through the 1" hole in the bottom (now top) of the bowl.
Run appropriate PVC fittings to your air pump and there you have it!

Lee

"Megan" wrote in message
Hello all

I've been reading about the benefits of having a bottom drain with

diffuser
and was thinking I should buy one for the pond I'm installing, but then I
saw the price. Now I'm wondering if anyone has made their own, or has any
idea on how to make one. Any suggestion would be much appreciated. Thank
you!

Megs