Old 21-08-2003, 04:02 PM
animaux

Default Seattle's Street Margins

On 21 Aug 2003 13:46:35 GMT, c (TOM KAN PA) opined:

Paghat wrote in an earlier post, Today the city of Seattle put out an
announcement for everyone to water their street margins' trees
____Reply Separator_____
Street margin? Is this the strip between the curb and the sidewalk? In our
locale (Pittsburgh, Pa. metropolitan area) we call this the Devil Strip. It
doesn't belong to you, but your responsible for it's upkeep and maintenance.

None of my land belongs to me. It's all on loan. Either way, I removed all the
grass from the "parkway" (what they call it in Texas) and planted it with Gaura
lindheimeriii, 3 cedar elms, Muhlinburgia lindheimerii (sp?) and D. inoxia.

No mow, no water, no nothing. They can have it whenever they want it.