Old 21-08-2003, 04:12 PM
animaux

Default What's The Latest On Roundup Herbicide?

On 21 Aug 2003 14:40:35 GMT, (Bill Oliver) opined:

In article ,
animaux wrote:
On 21 Aug 2003 11:09:25 GMT,
(Bill Oliver) opined:

How's this then. You don't know shit about human pathology.

How do you know what I know?

You certainly don't know the science. The only credentials
you trotted out was a religious catechism and the admission
that you made a career out of pushing this hysteria and are
now retired on the proceeds. You have condemned rational
and scientific examination as, in your sexist and bigoted
way, merely my "silly little man world of knowing."

Catechism? Religious? Shit man, I don't believe in god, so how can that be? I
am not now, nor was I ever "hysterical" about this, nor did I push it. I merely
joined it and continue to be part of the organic community as I'm intelligent
enough not to need synthetic fixes in order to have a garden. A rather large,
critically acclaimed garden at that.

I'm glad to see I struck a nerve on the "silly little man..." comment! I knew
you were a little man, oh Wizard of Oz.

No, my claim is, and always has been, that Roundup is safe to
humans when used as directed. If you agree that this is true,
then say so. Otherwise, don't try to play word games and
diversions.

In all good conscience I cannot say your assertion that RoundUp is safe to
humans when used as directed. Personally, I don't believe any organophosphate
is safe for anybody. So, I would agree that you "said" it is safe for humans if
used properly, but will contend that humans rarely use synthetic chemicals
properly. If they knew much about their destruction, they'd never use them.
Then again, people are lazy. More is always better. That's the mentality.

If you are so unread about gardening, why are you here in this newsgroup? Do
you have a garden? Did you ever have one? Do you use RoundUp? Would you
spray it with your child sitting in the weed patch, provided you used it
properly?

Indeed. Only anti-science fanatics should be able to opine
about Roundup on a gardening newsgroup, eh?

billo

Oooo, the big words. "Opine." Ooooo. I'm far from anti-science. I'm not for
paid for science. Big difference. My study of sciences are more directed at
learning self-sustaining agriculture, state of the art compost leachate (sp?),
how to make it, how to provide what plants need so stress isn't obvious to the
insect pests. Also, a healthy soil, for the most part, will not support weeds
in great numbers. Certain weeds which are highly successional will do well in a
fertile soil, but for the most part, weeds are generally indications of poor or
infertile, dead soil. Nature puts them there, somehow, to restore the dead soil
with organic matter. It's natural science in action.

So, please, do continue to blather and yell and brag, and bray. It suits you.
Continue to use synthetic pesticides. I'd expect nothing else. I have nothing
to prove. I have my own life, thank you, and it's a life which doesn't include
the poisoning of soil biota or anything for that matter. I provide the
environment which is self-sustaining by the wildlife and occasionally some water
till plantings are established.

Do as you will. Heeeeeeeeeeee Hawwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.