Old 21-08-2003, 04:42 PM
joe

Default Pond Lighting

Muffin,

That sounds way cool. Were they 120v? Yes, please send me a couple of pics.

Thanks
Joe

PS Your lilies are growing and blooming great!

*muffin* wrote:

we just put 4 lengths of rope lights in our pond ( gotta get pics for you)
my son decided this would be 'cool' so I let him go-for-it.

we 'glued' the connections together with silicone(?) let it set a couple
weeks & then we tied pieces of pantyhose with a rock in it to the lights to
weight it down..

looks pretty *cool* but need MORE of them!!
next year we need to plan ahead before all the plants have taken over!

( I just KNOW if I go in the pond I'll trip over it!!)

"joe" wrote in message
I have some low voltage lighting in my pond - those little 20 watt spots.
I'm not very happy with the result though. They light the waterfalls very
well, but in the main pond there doesn't seem to be enough dispersion. Has
anyone had any experience with those "rope" lights? Are they 120 volt or

low
volt and can they go in the pond?