Old 21-08-2003, 05:22 PM
Dave Painter

Default Tree Felling

"Rod" wrote in message

"Siggy" wrote in message

news
Maybe I was being pessimistic pricewise. The tree is in a fairly

combined
space (about 8M away from 2 houses either side, which is why it needs to
come down) so it would have to be cut down bit by bit. Also the area is

bit restricted with access through an archway so a tractor would not be

able
to access the land. Hopefully it shouldn't cost too much, I was just
panicking when we realised that it would have to come down.

Thanks for you help.

Siggy

We pay around £350 a day for a good team of 3. They should be able to chip

and remove the rubbish and the wood if
you don't want it. Should do it in a day or not much more. Check their

insurance and if poss speak to recent
clients. Fixed price jobs tend to come in more pricy than paying by the

day.

Insurance. Our local broker, "You name it, we cover it" cannot get
insurance at any premium
for a qualified tree surgeon to use a chain saw at any height off the
ground!
Insurance companies consider it too risky. This may trickle down to surgeons
only doing
a single cut at ground level to fell a tree!

Dave
who couldn't believe the premium and restrictions