Old 21-08-2003, 06:32 PM
Cereoid-UR12-

Default Seattle's Street Margins

Those "street margins" are a royal pain in the ass.

Hardly worth the time and effort for hauling out the mower just to cut the
narrow strip.

I'm often tempted to pull out all the grass and replacing it with prickly
pear cactus!!!!

Maybe Liriope or Ophiopogon would be a better idea?

Other neighbors have just cemented it up.

We never got "street trees". All the better.

animaux wrote in message
On 21 Aug 2003 13:46:35 GMT, c (TOM KAN PA) opined:

Paghat wrote in an earlier post, Today the city of Seattle put out an
announcement for everyone to water their street margins' trees
____Reply Separator_____
Street margin? Is this the strip between the curb and the sidewalk? In

our
locale (Pittsburgh, Pa. metropolitan area) we call this the Devil Strip.

It
doesn't belong to you, but your responsible for it's upkeep and

maintenance.

None of my land belongs to me. It's all on loan. Either way, I removed

all the
grass from the "parkway" (what they call it in Texas) and planted it with

Gaura
lindheimeriii, 3 cedar elms, Muhlinburgia lindheimerii (sp?) and D.

inoxia.

No mow, no water, no nothing. They can have it whenever they want it.