Old 22-08-2003, 06:02 AM
David J Bockman

Default What's The Latest On Roundup Herbicide?

"paghat" wrote in message
news
It could be that the little "EPA never banned CCA" chappy was lying on
purpose,

I guess you're referring to me with your snide label, so I'll respond: No,
I'm not lying, purposefully or otherwise. If you have any evidence to refute
the claim that the EPA never banned CCA treated lumber, please feel free to
post it.

or it may be like a lot of other arguing-in-favor-of-big-business
in this thread, if it is "true" the ban never occurred, it becomes so by
playing convoluted semantic games avoiding actualities.

'convoluted semantic games avoiding actualities'.... interesting.

"In early 2002, the CCA manufacturers, or registrants as we call them,
approached EPA about their individual decisions to voluntarily phase-out
virtually all CCA residential uses, including CCA intended for use in
treating wood destined for decks, picnic tables, landscaping timbers,
gazebos, residential fencing, patios, walkways and play structures."

I guess 'individual decisions to voluntarily phase out virtually all CCA
residential uses'='convoluted semantic games avoiding actualities' in
Paghat's book. I'm glad she was never my editor!

The industry did a
proper end-run in agreeing with EPA to voluntarily stop selling the
product -- thereby making any EPA ban a unecessary.

The EPA never approached CCA lumber manufacturers *to* stop selling their
product paghat. It never happened.

Dave