Old 22-08-2003, 06:03 AM
David J Bockman

Default What's The Latest On Roundup Herbicide?

"animaux" wrote in message
On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 19:22:09 GMT, "David J Bockman"
opined:

The EPA never approached CCA lumber manufacturers *to* stop selling their
product paghat. It never happened.

Dave

Prove it.

Prove a negative? Logically, impossible, however we *can* look at the sworn
testimony of Jack E. Housenger, Associate Director, Antimicrobials Division
Office of Pesticide Programs of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
(whom I have previously quoted), who testified before the Consumer Product
Safety Commission Hearing on Chromated Copper Arsenate (CCA) Treated Wood,
March 17, 2003:

"In early 2002, the CCA manufacturers, or registrants as we call them,
approached EPA about their individual decisions to voluntarily phase-out
virtually all CCA residential uses, including CCA intended for use in
treating wood destined for decks, picnic tables, landscaping timbers,
gazebos, residential fencing, patios, walkways and play structures. EPA
accepted the registrants' actions..."

His entire testimony is he
http://www.epa.gov/pesticides/factsh...estimony1.htm.

Dave

PS: Your ad hominem attacks on Bill Oliver are really despicable.