Old 22-08-2003, 06:04 AM
Shiva

Default Peachy-Orange and Purply Bed

It's a wreck. Half of the bare roots died and I am wanting
to rip Hansa out really, really bad. (Larry, it is the
heat here. It just really, really hates it. Mine is
NOT going to do what yours is doing! Mine is all crispy,
though it has received a deluge! Yours is GREAT! But mine
has got to GO!)Judy Garland is blah and scentless, Simply
Marvelous is Simply Dead, Arizona is what our old "friend"
Mack would call a "dog toy" [eg dead and uprooted, on
the ground],

The real winner of the bunch [or maybe just the only clear
survivor] is Royal Amethyst. Vigorous, purply, fragrant, nice
form. A rose of similar size and shape (blooms) is Joyfulness.
I had one but planted it too young and the cold got it. I
loved the bloom, peachy and fragrant. So how about this:
JUST Joyfulness and Royal Amethyst! Just these two varieties,
maybe six plants a piece. [I can imagine the collective gags
of you pinky-white-light-peachy-only rose lovers, but if
you must give voice, I can take it!]

Of greater interest, anyone else do this? Just plant two
varieties of roses together in a bed?