Old 22-08-2003, 06:11 AM
TC

Default Heron Attack!!

I don't think that would help. One thing that I was told and seems to be the
case is that herons are wading birds and that they do not land on water.
Nothing over the top of the pond would help if that is indeed the case. I
also would not like to put anything in that would put the fish at risk. If a
wire came down...
I heard that one commercial ponder finally fenced his pond. Presumably the
fence was right on the edge of the pond. Apparently it solved his problem.
I only used an electric fence because I already had it and it is easier to
move. Which I needed to do.
I have heard some fokes have put netting over the pond. That maybe a last
option for me. I think the netting would have to be high enough to prevent
the heron from reaching through the mesh. Of couse if the mesh was small
enough it would not be able to. And it would not be able to get the fish out
anyway. So maybe that is the way to go.

"mad" wrote in message
can you stretch electrified wires across the top of the pond? just an idea
and don't know if that would work or not.
mad

- 19 Different Servers! =-----