Old 22-08-2003, 07:03 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Default Pond Filter

All I can think of is perhaps Nedra misunderstood the problem? Only time I
can think of removing plants is when you have so many a 2,000 gallon pond
is really only 200 gallons of water and the fish have no place to swim. ;o)
~ jan

On 21 Aug 2003 16:35:10 -0700, (Sue Walsh) wrote:

~ jan

I must have missed that thread, what was your water quality problem?

Basic ongoing dark brown water, forever. I think the thread was
"Black Water". Hubby has since hooked up a homemade filter to add to
the Savio Skimmer/Filter and it began to clear. Cause and effect or
coincidence? Now I can see the bottom for the first time in 4 months.
Grateful to be able to see my fish, finally as it has just cleared in
the past few days. Getting clearer every day, although not gin clear,
but still greenish clear. Running a Pondmaster Mag 3600gph pump.
Considering adding the UV unit into the Savio to get rid of the green,
but not ready to spend the money yet. I've been really trying to
maintain the "Don't Mess With The Pond" advice. Hey BV, you out
there, seeing this???

It was Nedra that recommended I remove some plants (I just searched to
see who it was). Still not sure what she wanted me to remove or why.

Sorry it takes me so long to respond, I use yahoo and it takes 3-6
hours for my responses to be posted, real drag.

Thanks for any enlightenment on this topic.

Sue W

See my pond album called 'Rippling Waters'
http://community.webshots.com/user/aspenjd

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~