Old 22-08-2003, 12:02 PM
paghat

Default What's The Latest On Roundup Herbicide?

In article ,
wrote:

I asked for a puppy. Instead, paghat

posted in :

I was a medical & health sciences editor for a few years & had to render
the poor writings & hastily-concocted-at-deadline's-end data for folks
like billo, working my magic to make their gibberish come out as
publishable articles, or revising the articles again after journal editors
demanded alterations.

Oh you SO were not. No way. If the abuse of language you exhibit here
is an indication of your writing capabilities, then you're either outright
lying, or your employers were paying for crap.

What a spaztard lizard. You may be abused, but you're not a language. And
I was a medical editor, not a flunky copyeditor. Even if I were to
copyedit it wouldn't be on UseNet -- roughdrafted at 100 words per minute,
hit post. You may rewrite four times & your blatherings still don't make
sense, but I can be totally wise even with typos, all in one swell foop.
Plus, you wannabe writers trolling from misc.writing inevitably prove Mark
Twain's dictum: "Who can spell can't write." Maybe if you can break your
addiction to hanging out in misc.writing with people who have never
learnred how, & so are always wondering why they've never been able to
publish anything professionally, you might change your context
sufficiently to finally learn the difference between those of us who do, &
folks such as yourself who simply can't.

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"
See the Garden of Paghat the Ratgirl:
http://www.paghat.com/