Old 22-08-2003, 12:42 PM
Jack Straw

Default Anyone know how to make poppers?

(Allview):

I'm growing "Mucho Nacho" jalapenos. Do I pick them when they are the right
size or when they have a little black on top? Does anyone know how to make
poppers to freeze? My favorite snack. (Poppers are jalapenos stuffed with
cream cheese, breaded and deep fried.)

I saw a post down the thread that suggested that restaurants use
picked jalapenos. That may be true, kind of like the wet-packed
mushrooms.

We made them from fresh peppers once and they were *insanely*
hot. I mean it, they were some seriously hot peppers -- not even
the same idea of hot that you'd expect from a restaurant.

Just my anecdote.

--
JackStraw
0x3D561045