Old 22-08-2003, 02:02 PM
Pat Meadows

Default Green Tomatoes????

On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 02:13:20 -0800, (Jan
Flora) wrote:

Can you lay something on the windowsills to shim them up to level,
so pots can sit on them? I'm thinking of blueboard (insulation) just
because it's easy to cut. How high is the ridge in the middle of the
sills? (What a PITA, btw!!) Could you get something and cut a kerf
down the middle of it, so it'll straddle that ridge and be a level surface?

Isn't it? A PITA, that is. I've no idea whatsoever why
this ridge is here - it doesn't appear to have any
functional purpose. It's about 2 inches high.

You're going to go nuts when you get that built. Leave yourself
room for a comfy chair and a place to put a cup of coffee. And a
radio, so you can listen to NPR while you fuss with your plants : )
Oh, and use your *verticle* space. I want to scream when I see
people only using the bottom 3' of greenhouse space, and not growing
vining varieties, hanging plants or anything. =:-O

Thanks. I'm really looking forward to it, once we get it
settled whether or not we are moving (never mind, long
story). Maybe we're moving, we're not sure yet.

Pat