Old 22-08-2003, 07:12 PM
DigitalVinyl

Default When do you harvest pumpkins?

"Penny Goulden" wrote:

I'm not sure when I'm suppose to pick my pumpkins. I have one giant
atlantic that is turning orange but I think it's going to get alot bigger.
Then I have the little jack o lanterns ( I think thats what they are called)
anyway, there are alot of those mini ones, do I wait? some are very orange
already.

I had assumed that once fruit starts ripening it isn't going to grow
in size anymore. Maybe that is a wrong generalization here.

I had to harvest my three Baby Bears growing in a container already.
Two were fully orange, the third mostly orange. The vine had died away
(I killed it by mistake.) I have the third in a warm area, I'm hoping
it will turn a little more orange.

Here are some pages with tips...

http://www.pumpkinnook.com/howto/storage.htm

http://www.aces.edu/dept/extcomm/spe.../pumpkins.html