Old 22-08-2003, 10:32 PM
Frogleg

Default Crickets like beer and slugs seek revenge

On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 20:50:41 GMT, Heidi
wrote:

Why is salt bad for the yard? I have heard of people spreading epsom
salt on their yard. Also, I have used elemental sulfur to reduce the pH
in our yard (we seem to have the only alkaline yard in the area...before
the sulfur all my azaleas died...then I had the soil tested).

Someone already posted the answer to this. NaCl (sodium chloride, or
regular ol' salt) renders soil unsuitable for plants. Salt was
historically used to poison the fields of an enemy population. Epsom
salt is magnesium sulfate, quite a different animal. And why would you
equate "elemental sulfer" with salt?