Old 22-08-2003, 11:03 PM
John Kelway

Default Horse Chestnut

I hope I have the right newsgroup and also hope that maybe someone can help
me. I live in the UK and am the dubious owner of a Horse Chestnut (Aesculus
hippocastanum) Bonsai tree. I know that these are not ideal for Bonsai but
nevertheless I planted a seed and grew my first Bonsai, it is now 20" tall
and some 33 years old the last 15 years have seen leaves no larger than 2.5"
to 3" across. I find the tree has grown into a very pleasing shape and I am
very proud of it. Now to my problem it has never flowered, does anybody know
how I can get it to flower? or is it now very unlikely.
Thanks in advance.
John Kelway

--

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

---