Old 22-08-2003, 11:12 PM
Pam

Default Seattle's Street Margins

paghat wrote:

There's an official list of permissible trees, quite a long
list fortunately, what is missing from the list in theory is stuff that
would too easily lift sidewalks or spread wider than they get tall or drop
hideously gushy messes on the roads. The list looked random to me though.
I remember being dissapointed Perotia was not permitted.

-paghat the ratgirl

Parrotia persica is on the approved list of Seattle Street Trees - an ideal choice
for a parking/hell strip. Slow growing to a very manageable size, no mess, no
fuss, drought and pollution tolerant and drop-dead gorgeous fall color. Don't
understand why they are not more common.

pam - gardengal